BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Dad

well, my dad came home last night at 3 in the morning. now before you get any ideas i'll tell you this, he is a dry-waller. you know... construction. but his bosses right hand man basically. and i'm very proud of him although i have never really told anyone. he is a hard working man who provides more than he needs to for his family. he was born in Blue Rock, Illinois if i remember correctly. but he has lived all over southern california depending on where there was work for is father. with 8 brothers and sisters he is kinda in the middle. and a mother he would do anything for really. he dropped out of high school in 9th grade and continued working with his brothers and uncles and some cousins in the construction business. he met my mom at a mutual friends party when she was in her junior year at bishop and they hit it off. a year later they had me. and now you probably think my mother was some kinda whore or something for getting pregnant in high school. well fuck you then. because 15 years later. they are engaged with 3 more children own a house and 3 cars (truck for my dad, SUV for my mom and her troop of kids, and my dads caddie [cadillac]) and are happily in love still. not without bumps in the road i assure you. like when they spilt when i was in second grade or so and my sis was about 1. when during that separation he was arrest for things i never wanted to know even though they said it was okay to ask. i know now though, i kinda always knew. and then he was gone for about 2 or 3 years. but his reason for coming in at 3 in the morning? why i woke up not knowing why, considering nobody else was awake? and why i knew he was home not by the sound of the door opening, or the familiar squeak of his shoes, but b/c a child like me makes it her business to know everything and will make you say stuff and pretend i don't know b/c i'm afraid of knowing and b/c a child who has gone through shit like me knows her fathers presence. he was coming in after being gone for a week and a half. gone in washington b/c work is so scarce he drove for hours to and from a job in the middle of washington. yeah, thats my dad. he's not perfect. and sometimes i truly hate him w/ a passion for reasons i cant discuss b/c of the consequences they would have on my family.

ha
Love, Lea dozen MapLe

0 comments: